Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Anna Laura (WASHINGTON) Allen Walters And Charlotta (DADE) Lankford












                         I have been thinking about my Great Grand mothers.
Anna (WASHINGTON) Allen Walters
(1867- 1947)
and

Charlotta (Dade) Lankford.
(1851- 1924)
Anna was born on June 13, 1867 in St. Joseph, Missouri.
Her parents were William / John  and Susan (LEACH) WASHINGTON.
Anna was the wife of William/ Robert ALLEN and
Thornton WALTERS.

Charlotta was born in 1851 in Missouri.
Her parents were Isaac and Frances (OVINGTON) DADE.
Charlotta was the wife of Robert Louis LANKFORD / LANKFARD.

Over the years I started to look at the two photos above.
The photos don't appear to be the same person. I could be mistaken. 
Both photos are believe to be of Charlotta LANKFORD.

The photo below of Charlotta on the left taken about 1892 in St. Joseph, Missouri.
The Robert And Charlotta LANKFORD/ LANKFARD Family

The LANKFORD / LANKFARDSs took photos.
I believe that Anna and her family also posed for photos.
I believe that our ancestors wanted the future generations to see how they look.
That could have been one reason way people pose for photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment