Saturday, June 30, 2012

Family Website: 3rd Year Milestone

It's been 3 years since I began this website in 2009.
I have come a long ways.
I had no idea where I would go...
I have shared some much.
I got some respondes.
And came across a few long lost relatives...through this website.
I was looking at my very first post...
I didn't have much to say.
I made some corrections and added what's in red on my first post.

Tuesday, June 30, 2009


In The Beginning...
I thought to start a blog on my family history. I have been searching for over 30 years. But where do I go from here in sharing what I have discovered?
What will I share?

When I first started out I knew very little about my ancestors. I only knew my father, David, mother, Lula and my mother's mother, Mary. There was little data that I knew of them too.

It wasn't until a little after my Grandma Mary (ALLEN) LANKFORD passing in 1976 when I became interested in my family tree. I thought when my Grandma Mary died all the information about the family was gone too.

I was so wrong on that. Through the process of time, I came across data and records. I am so thankful to God for the lead. I discovered so much over the years.

Where do I go from here in sharing what I have discovered.
What will I share?

Family History for the Month of JUNE:

Anna Laura WASHINGTON was born on June 13, 1867 to Susan LEACH and William WASHINGTON in St. Joseph, MO. Anna Laura (WASHINGTON) ALLEN - WALTERS was the mother of Mary (ALLEN) LANKFORD.

John BLAKEY BLAKLEY was born on June 21, 1871 to Martha SCOTT and Isaac BLAKEY in Woodville MS on Hew Davis Plantation. John had a twin brother named Andrew BLAKEY. Andrew passed along with their mother Martha.

Isaac BLAKEY was stated to be born on  June 30, 1847 or 1845 to Julia and Andrew WHITE in Roanoke, MO. (Isaac was born Fayette, MO (Howard County Missouri)

1st Entry: (June 30, 2009)
S.A.B

This was posted on Saturday, June 30, 2012
I don't know what number entry this is...
(This is post #172 with 121 Scheduled and 43 drafts as of June 30, 2012 and over 10,800 pages viewed.)
My search continues....

I have come across more information from the 1940 Census.
I need to update some of my finding.

There are more  Family History for the Month of JUNE:

Click on  Family Connections...
This is the site where I post some of my updates and finding.

Hope you're having a nice Summer.
We're in a Heat Wave.

It's been in the high 90's and low 100's.
Heat index up to 112 or so.
Stay COOL!

God bless you,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment