Tuesday, July 28, 2009

John & Jennie

I believe that the mystery has been solved. I've been wondering when and where my grandparents were married. It was on this date back in 1902 that my father's parents John and Jennie tied the knot.

It wasn't until late May when I came across this information. This news made me so happy! I've been searching for both my parents' parents' marriage records for so long. I had no luck.

On May 27, 2009, I discovered that the MO marriages 1805 -2002 were online on ancestry.com. So, I started my search. I found other ancestors. But when I can to my mother's parents and father's parents it took a while for me to make those discovers.

I kept on searching. I found my mother's parents. There names were spelled different. As for my father's parents their names were spelled different too. I believe that I have found what I've been looking for.

I typed in my Grandpa John's last name. It came up with the BLAKEY as BLAKYE. As for Grandma Jennie, her surname was spelled BARTEL. Still I believe that I have the right people.

John and Jennie were married on July 28, 1902 in Clay County in MO. I was so happy that I came across this information I started praising God.

So, I can assume that John married under the Blakey name. But the mystery reminds. Why did John change his name to BLAKLEY?

Search the birth of the BLAKLEY or BLAKEY children born in St. Joseph MO. Out of all the children listed there were two with the BLAKEY name the others were BLAKLEY.

The story goes that there were a lot of John BLAKEYs. Perhaps that was one of the reason why he changed his name. John's offsprings carried the surname of BLAKLEY.

Whatever the case may have been, the name was changed. My father and his siblings were taught to spell our surname the way I spell mine. My name has been established. I have no reason to change the spelling now.

On My Journey Of Transformation
John & Jennie,

My Grandparents,
John (1871 - 1918)
Jennie (1883 - 1926)
They had about 12 children.

Jennie remarried to Chelton LYLE.
They had about 5 or 6 children.
All of Jennie's children have passed.

The Chronicles of Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment