Saturday, September 13, 2014

In Loving Memory Of Mary Jane (Blakey) Ligthner And Lucinda Mary (Kinney) Blakey

This photo of Mary Jane (Blakey) Lightner was taken in July of 1985 in her home in Yankton, South Dakota.
She was  the daughter of Leroy Everette Blakey and Thelma Jane Trudell. Mary was married James Zell Lightner.  
Mary Jane Lightner passed on September 15, 2003. She was one of my South Dakota cousin. I first got in contact with her during the Summer of 1981. We corresponded with one another through the mail.

 I was searching for my Blakey Family Connections. Mary Jane and her Grandmother, Lucinda Mary (Kinney) Blakey were helping me on my search. Through our correspondence, Mary Jane in visited me to come to Yankton. I met Mary and some of her family on Saturday, October 31, 1981 in Yankton.

I'm so thankful that my cousin, Mary and my Great Aunt Mary took the time to help me on my family quest. They shared with me what they knew about the Blakey family history. I heard some things I didn't know about my Great Grandfather, Isaac Blakey. I'm thankful that I had the opportunity to travel to South Dakota to met them in 1981.

 As I look back on that day, I have come across more info on my Blakey Family Connections. I don't think I could have made it this far in my journey without the help of my cousin Mary and Great Mary. I learned a lot on that visit.

I thank God for the people he has placed in my life to assist me on my family history journey. There were some who help me so dearly. They gave my inspiration to continue on my search.

Cousin, Mary Jane and Great Aunt Mary are missed. But not forgotton.  I believe that we will see one another again. Thank God for family reunions.

Thanks for reading.
Susan




No comments:

Post a Comment