Tuesday, March 28, 2017

A Special Day: March 28, 1937.


In Memory of My Parents' 80th Wedding Anniversary
 

In the year 1937, Easter Sunday fell on March 28.
That was the day my parents wanted to get married.
And so, they eloped in Kansas.

They were married at the home of Reverend Bell.
He who preformed the wedding ceremony.
My father's step father, Chilton Lyle was a witness.
My parents decided to move to Nebraska for a few years
and they later returned to Missouri where they were born.

My mother was 16, almost 17 in 24 days
and my father was 24 and 5 months of age.
From this union came 19 children. 15 sons and 4 daughters.
God blessed my parents with 52 and 1/2 years of marriage.
They left a legacy that lives on.
They are missed but never forgotten by family and friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment