Thursday, February 1, 2024

Connected With Faris Lyle’s Family via Social Media

In Loving Memory of Sergeant Faris Chilton LYLE. ( 1923 – 2008)
He was the son of Chilton LYLES and Jennie (BARTLETT) BLAKLEY LYLES.



I was thinking about my Uncle Faris Chilton Lyle. He passed on February 1, 2008. He was my father David Blakley Sr.’s brother. Uncle Faris was my last uncle on my father’s side to pass.

I first reached out to Uncle Faris when I received his address from his sister Geneva (LYLE) JONES (1924 – 2005). She was Faris’ and my father’s sister. I wrote to Uncle Faris and we corresponded for some years. He lived in New York.

Lost Connections:
And there came the time, I didn’t hear from Uncle Faris. I started wondering. I didn’t know how to contact his relatives. I kept wondering.

Then one day, on November 13, 2008, Uncle Faris’ name came to my thinking. I started googling his name. I make the discovery that he passed.

Connected With The LYLE Family:

During this time, I added Uncle Faris to my post: In Remembrance of my relatives. He would be remembered twice a year. Then one day, I received a comment from one of Uncle Faris’ granddaughters on one of blogger’s site on August 4, 2011. How amazing! We connected on facebook where I came in contact with other LYLE family members.

The LYLE family knew little about Faris’ family. That he (and his sister Geneva) were put in an orphanage. I did locate them listed on the 1930 census at Northwestern Orphanage and Hospital Line 69-82 in St. Joseph, Missouri.

Their mother Jennie passed in December of 1926 when Faris was 3 and Geneva was 2 years old. I’m not for sure how long Faris and Geneva were in the orphanage. Their father Chilton was still living and perhaps was not able to care for them. I did locate Faris age 17 and Geneva age 16 were listed with their Blakley siblings, Mary and Orbrey on the at 1940 census.

Social Media Connections
I have used social media in the past to discover more on my family connections. I continue to come across more relative through the media. I found some of Aunt Geneva’s descendants via social media and DNA sites. I’m thankful for those who keep in touch.

Thanks for reading.
Connected With Faris Lyle’s Family via Social Media

Blessings
S.A.Blakley

Repost from my wordpress site 

Week 6 ~ Amy Johnson Crow #52Ancestors In 52 Weeks ~ Generation Café

The theme for Week 6 is “Social Media.” Social media can connect us to people we otherwise wouldn’t have encountered. Have you made a family history discovery via social media? (What about in the social column of their newspaper — that was basically their Facebook!) Have you ever imagined how an ancestor would have used social media? Write about it this week.

I added the in remembrance to this blog>
Here's are some examples: In Remembrance: 

February In Remembrance Dade Family Connections. 

February In Remembrance: Bartlett Family Connections

February In Remembrance Blakey Blakley WHITE Family Connections

No comments:

Post a Comment