Monday, February 1, 2010

Searching For Relatives

This blog idea came to me on October 14 , 2009. I came across two searching for the some relatives I am. I contacted these people through ancestry.com

A though came to me as if I was searching for relatives as I was searching for my ancestors. I wondered how our ancestors did when they were looking for relatives after slavery.

How the advertised for lost loved ones divided into Slavery. Now some hundred years...I sense the same thing. Searchers are seeking ancestors in the process of finding relatives.

It's cool to come across a lost relative. Well they are not lost. They just didn't know that they would find relatives searching for their ancestors too.

I don't know how many relatives are on my lineage. I see a lot of missing links on my family tree. Only if relatives who are interested in searching for their ancestors may some day come across kin folks.

Indeed my journey continues. I don't know where I will end up next. I may be adding to another person's family tree by what I have come across. That is a blessing.

We shouldn't hide what I have discovered but to share. There's is excitement when new leads and clues come about. It's nice to have new information to continue on in the search.

May we share what we know so others can be blessed. May we continue the quest. May we find more relatives. Or do we what that?

While On The Journey,
Searching For Relatives

That's good to come across kin folks searching.
We can add more to our lineage.
We can share what we know.

Blessings,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment