Friday, May 7, 2010

In Remembrance Of A Sister

On this day back on May 7, 1947, my mother gave birth to her first daughter. The baby's name was Lula. She was my parents 7th child. She was with the family for 29 days.

I don't remember when I heard that I had another sister. I come from a large family. There were 19 of us in all. But the first sister had a short life.

Here is the story I heard from my mother:
My mother was holding her daughter in her arms.
My mother didn't know that baby girl was sick.
Baby girl had a big cough and breathe her last.
She died in my mother's arms on June 6, 1947.

There is only one photo of her.
It was taken when she was laying in her coffin.
She appeared to have had a lot of hair.

She died of whooping cough.
That was what was going again.
She was buried at Ashland Cemetery.
I heard the strange thing about that.

My mother said that her daughter's grave site was on the edge near the road. There is a marker with someone Else's name. Baby girl and another child died with days apart.

King David Mays was his name. This tombstone is where my sister was buried.
That's what I heard.

In all I believe that I will get to see my eldest sister. The moment she passed she was present with the LORD. She has been with the LORD for 63 years.

I don't know how we will look when we get to heaven. Those who fall asleep in the LORD will receive a glorified body after the resurrection. That's something.

Staying On The Journey,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment