Monday, April 1, 2013

Piecing Some Things Together: The 1940 Census

It's been about a year since the 1940 census came out. I was excited when the census was released on April 2, 2012. I've been going back over my list of relatives on the 1940 census. I saw some new leads and trying to follow up on them.

On the 1940 census, I came across more people than I though I would have. As I added the names to the family tree, I searched other records and came up with more leads. It made me what to search more.

I found some death records on relatives' from Missouri and California. I'm adding more names to the family tree. There were many connects in California. It tied up some loose ends on the BLAKEY and WHITE connections.

I need to update some  info and add some corrections. There have been some new info that has left me with some questions. For example. I came across info on Pleas CARR. I was surprise to discover this.

Pleas CARR was married to Ella (BENTLEY) CARR. Ella passed away about 1923. Ella's mother Mattie WHITE was listed with Pleas' and  Ella's son, Willard CARR on the 1930 and 1940 censuses.  I wonder, why Willard wasn't with his father, Pleas?

I came across the names of Pleas' parents  on ancestry.com. It wasn't until March of 2013 I came across more leads on Pleas. I discovered that Pleas remarried in 1928. He died in 1960.  

My search continues.... I hope to find more on what leads that I have. Who knows, I might come across more mysteries to the family history. I hope to discover more to add to the family tree.

Thanks for reading.
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment