Friday, August 28, 2009

New Found Discoveries

When I was searching for my ancestors this summer, I came across things that I wasn't aware of. It brought amazement to me. There were some things that were recorded incorrectly.

Oral history states one things while the records state another. Mattie Mae White was one of my Great Grandpa Isaac Blakey's sister. There was little know about her.

She was stated to have never married. She has a daughter named. Bob Ella Bentley Carr 1882 -1923. She was married to Plez Willam Carr. They had a son Williard Carr. That's what I got from family reunion information.

As I began to search for Bob Ella, I had no luck. So I searched for her mother Mattie White. I had trouble locating her too. But something come to me.

On the 1910 Census there is a Mattie White born 1856 in MO. She had two daughters. One was ELLA White born 1886. The other daughter was Oressia born about 1902 in Mo.

There was another think That I didn't check when I first found this census record. Mattie was a widow. She had 5 children and 4 were living in 1910.

I assume that Mattie married a man with the surname of WHITE or she keep her maiden name. I have been searching for ELLA White who married Plez / William Carr. The surname BENTLEY is there too. Perhaps Ella married twice.

It's a mystery. How oral history can be changed as time comes along. I did find a Martha White listed on the 1880 census. She was listed with her mother, Julia WHITE.

Martha was listed with her siblings and some of their children. This Martha was born in 1862. She was a widow. Wonder if this was Mattie?

On The Journey: New Found Discoveries

No comments:

Post a Comment