Thursday, April 1, 2010

Faith Day

Posted on Sunday, 01 April 2007
I will continue from yesterday's blog entitled "A Unique Day". I suggest that you read "A Unique Day" first.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The day was April 1st, 2000. It was Census Day 2000 when the count of every household in the U.S.A. were due. I mailed our in ahead of time. I was considered the head of the house. I thought that was weird. I filled out the census so I was declared that the head of the house... Back to my testimony. I call this one "Faith Day"...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I woke up around 6 AM hour. I am usually up before during the 5 AM hour. I over slept this time. I glanced over in the direction of where my mother was sleeping. I could not see her but I assume that she was still sleeping. There was not enough light in the room for me to read so I used a flash light to read my Bible. I wanted to jump right into my time with God.

I don't remember actually what I was reading on this day. It should have been from Psalm 92, the 92th day of the year in 2000. And from Proverbs 1, the first day of the month. I recall that I was in the book of Thessalonians.

Also I recall the scripture...I don't know where it is in the Bible....but it's the one that has ....absent from the body, present with the Lord. This scripture was in my thoughts or my reading that morning....I glanced to see if my mother was up. She appeared to be in the same position that I saw her last. I though that that was odd. I was reading a long time.

So I kept on reading my Bible. I don't recall what I was reading but, a "Voice" spoke to me and said that "your mother is died." My response was...and I am not making this up..."If she is then she is in the presence of the LORD." Then I keep right on reading my Bible. I did not think to question what I heard.

I kept on reading my Bible. I don't know how long of time or how long after I heard that "Voice". But after I got finish with my Bible reading, I heard the "Voice" came again and said "Check on your mother." And so I closed my Bible and was going to check on my mother. I got up and then looked in the direction where my mother was laying...

What I saw....made me hurry to her bedside. My mother's mouth and eyes were open. My first response was...I can't remember if I spoke this out loud or not...as I was looking into my mother's eyes and touching both of her hands, I spoke to GOD saying with a calm voice..."She is with You." I had PEACE that I can not explain to you, when I first saw my mother's body and then looked into her eyes.... I knew that she was no longer with us. She is with Jesus. From the few moments afterwards what I did next was done in calmness...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Our mother was buried seven days later, the following Saturday. That was on the 8th day. Our mother fell asleep in Jesus and went HOME 20 days before her 80th birthday. She passed just four days after what would have been her 63rd year since she married my father who passed in 1989. I was born in l963, the day after Palm Sunday.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What I just shared with you, I did not make it up...and what I am about to say next is true also...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I prayed for months for my mother. She was in the hospital for about a week, six months before she passed...she had a heart condition. Three days before her passing my mother was saying things that did not make any sense to me. [As I look back...I believe that she knew what was going on.]

I was going to Wednesday morning Bible Study. Pastor Linda S. was telling her testimony about her grandma's passing. So I started to pray for my mother. I even was reading the obituaries for about two months as I would pray for the survivors left behind. I just started doing this. I did not know why.

There were times that I pray to God whenever it's time for my mother [to be with You,] prepare us for her passing... I did this before our father past in 1989. I continue to say this prayer. Father God, prepare us before the next loved one's time to come to be with You.

I don't want to sound so "spiritual" in what I just testified. Some time ago, there were some people who shared with my that I look "so spiritual" when I am in praise and worship with God. I did not have a clue to what they were talking about. Being "spiritual." To me it's how I do when I am in the presence of God. I believe that God does leads me into doing some things.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
One more thing on my mother's passing. I went to church on Sunday the next day. It was different. After the service was over and I was waiting on my friend to take me home, I was looking out the door into the sky. I saw two big birds hovering in the air. This brought my thinking back to that eagle dream that I had. It was like in the spirit I knew that my mother and father were in heaven with Jesus. And that I am ready to fly...like an eagle in the spirit.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also these pass weeks, I have had awesome times in prayer at home. I pray that you will continue to enter into prayer during this week of the Holy Days. I am in a week of celebrating and entering into Easter. It started Friday night. I hope that we will be refreshed as we keep pressing into what our Lord God has for us. Amen.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Enter the "garden" of prayer like you have never done before....

No comments:

Post a Comment