Monday, April 26, 2010

What About Hannah Hooper?

What have I discovered about Hannah Hooper, my 3rd Great Grandmother? I first came across Hannah's name on the 1880 Missouri census in the 1980's. She was about 115 years old born in SC. She was listed as an univalent. Her parents were from VA.

Hannah was listed as the Grandmother of Elais Bartlett. I was always lead to believe that Hannah was Elais grandmother until... I did some searching.

Early in 2008, I came across a death record of a Great Aunt, Waunetta Bartlett Armstrong ( 1891 -1929). She was my Grandmother Jennie's ( 1883 -1926) sister. Waunetta's parents names were listed on the death record.

Waunette parents were Elais Bartlett ( ca 1822 - ? ) and Harriet Hooper ( 1849 -1909). So, I see that Hooper came from Harriet's side and not Elais'. That changed some things.

Now, I have found all my Great Grandparents by name. I had all my Great Grandmother's maiden names. I was so excited that I came across that information.

Discovering Things While On The Journey
What About Hannah Hooper?

Hannah was the oldest person that I have found on my family tree.
She was born around 1765 in SC.
I don't know when Hannah passed way.
But she was listed on the 1880 census.
115 is a long time to live.

Hannah Hooper was my Great Harriet's grandmother.
Harriet Hooper Bartlett was the mother of Jennie Bartlett Blakley Lyle.
Jennie...was the mother of David Blakley Sr.
David Blakley Sr. was my father.

Grace to you,
Susan

4 comments:

  1. Susan, that's an awesome discovery finding the maiden names. That will help discover more branches on the family tree.
    David W. Blakley III

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Billy!
    I see that you found my site.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The one post that I removed it was something I spelled wrong.

    ReplyDelete