Sunday, June 6, 2010

Who Was William / John Washington?

What can I say about my 2nd Great Grandpa William / John Washington?

After doing some research, I've come up with some things about my mother's mother's mother's father, William. William Sr. was born around 1845 in MO. He was married first to a Susan Leach (1846 - ca1888.) They had 6 or 7 children.

Laura Anna WASHINGTON ALLEN WALTERS

Nannie WASHINGTON

Amelia WASHINGTON

James WASHINGTON

Virginia WASHINGTON

Lillie WASHINGTON

William WASHINGTON Jr

I searched the city directions. I came up with John Washington living with an Amelia LABLES for a couple of years. Perhaps she could have been his mother. William and John Washington could have been the same person.

Than there was a Lillie LEWIS who lived with the Washingtons. She lived with them during the 1880's. She was believed to have been Susan's grand mother.

William or John Washington remarried in 1890 to a Maliah Hill Wynn. William was listed as George W. Washington in the 1900 census. I don't know if George could have been William's slave name. There was a John W. Washington listed on the 1920 census. He was listed as William Washington's son.

The year of William Washington Sr. death is unknown. I have search the MO death records online. I can assumed that he died after 1920. His second wife, Maliah died in 1921. John was still living.

Discoveries While On The Journey,
Who Was William / John Washington?

I don't know when he died.
I checked the MO death records.
There were some William Washington.
I don't know which one could have been my 2nd Great Grandfather.

William was the father of Anna Laura.
Anna was the mother of Mary Allen
Mary Allen was the mother of Lula Lankford.
Lula Lankford was my mother.

Blessings,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment