Thursday, September 30, 2010

Stillborn Lankford Infant

One day, I went to the main Public Library in St. Joseph, Missouri.
I was going to do some family history research.
I was searching for city birth and death records.
I can't recall the year.
It was during the 1990's.

I went through the index.
I thought to go through the entire records.
I went through the records page by page.
As I was searching, I came across something.
I found a Lankford stillborn female on record born in 1893.

For some reason I didn't or forgot to write down the date.
This book was the actual record book.
The mother was Charlotta Lankford.
The father was Robert Lankford.

Charlotta was listed as having 10 children on the 1900 census.
One child was not living.
This child was believed to have been Jennie Lankford.
Jennie was listed on the 1880 census.
Jennie was born about 1873 in Missouri.
I have found no additional information on Jennie.

Also I looked at the 1920 census.
The page the Charlotta was on was faded.
I couldn't make out the number of children Charlotta had.
The number appears to be 11 not 10.
There were 9 children living in 1920.

Did Charlotta have 11 or 10 children?
The mystery of Isaac Lankford Jr. is still a mystery.
Isaac Jr. was the informant on Charlotta Lankford's 1924 death record in NY.

While On The Journey,
Stillborn Lankford Infant

Perhaps Charlotta forgot to include this child.
She should have remember how many children she had.
Or the person who gave the census information didn't know.

Peace to you,
Susan
The Lankford Family in 1892
I didn't notice the dog until the Lankford Family Reunion in July 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment