Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Memories Of The Past

This was from my Xanga site posted on Friday, 22 August 2008
I added photos in this blog. (There were some update added too.)
There is a place where I can go stand and see a part of my family history. I can look around and think-- Memories Of The Past. I can see  the land and houses in our neighborhood. As I do this, I would think about some things. Things I've discovered through my family search.

I can see the place where my mother was born. Then I can turn my head to the house where she passed away. I can see the places where my Grandparents lived. (The photo what the car in it. The home of Leo and Mary Lankford in May of 1965.)

 The area where at least 5 generation grew up.

I was standing on the block where history took place. There was much history here. I recall old photos that came back into my thinking. It brought life as I was looking at the vacant lots.

The areas where Grandma Mary, Grandpa Leo, and their children , my Uncle "Sam", Aunt Leola, Aunt Sarah Bell and Aunt "Jennie" used to live. This was less than a block away. They were neighbors with my parents too.

My mother's parents, Leo and Mary were born in the early and late 1880's. My parents, David and Lula were born in the teens and 1920. I came along in the early - mid 1960's. I could imagine how the difference in our up bringing could have been.

Three of the houses are torn down. Still I can see the imagines in my mind of what the outside of the houses looked like. I recall that time when the houses were torn down. (The photo on the right was the home of William and Leola Farmer.)

I am discovering new things about my ancestors. I am glad that the past generations recorded some things. I am so glad that I have been coming across new information.

I even thought about our neighbors. There was one neighbor who has been went us as long as I can remember in the 70's. Mr. Mier passed away Jan of 2010. He was in an accident.in

What a journey in time to see and been apart in our neighborhood. How wonderful it is to be in the place where some of my ancestor lived. I can see that some of the same trees are still here when my ancestors were here.

I am so thankful that I grew up in the area where my parents grew up. I am so thankful that I can share memories of the past. I am thankful that I can use my imagination to take a look at memories of the past.

While On The Journey
Memories Of The Past

Blessings,
Susan

From LSF
His Gift Of Prayers Blessing For Wisdom And Guidance!

"May Your presence be with me as I walk the path of life, Lord. Help me to be wise in my choices...and if I have doubts encourage me to stop and ask myself what You would have me to do. Let my faith in Your loving care grow stronger every day, for that is the only foundation of happiness!

May Your Gift of Prayer bring blessings of Wisdom and Guidance to me and all of my Fellow Members near and far! ~ Amen."

Yes, the LORD will give what is good; And our land will yield its increase. NKJV Psalm 85:12

No comments:

Post a Comment