Friday, September 24, 2010

Watching A Video

Back in 2008 or so I came across a video online. I was googling one of my cousin, Ted Blakey from Yankton, South Dakota. I came across his 12:51 video interview in Yankton.

I didn't know what I would discover in that video. I had to re listen to it at least twice. I wanted to take a picture of a picture that I saw. There was an article too that I had to see.

Through the years I forgot about that video. Some how I came across it again. It was still online. Thank God!

It wasn't until May 12, 2010, when I took some photos of some of my relatives from the video. One was my 2nd Great Grandfather, Isaac Blakey.

I had seen a photo of my Great Grandfather, Isaac on October 31, 1981. I was visiting my cousin, Mary Jane Blakey Lightner. We share the same Great Grandfather Blakey. Our Grandfather's were brothers.

I was so happy that I got to see another photo of my Great Grandfather I saw a photo of Great Grandfather with his 2nd wife, Rachel back in October of 1981. I didn't have a camera then. I wished I did.

I was so happy that I had a digital camera now. I was more than watching a video. I was looking at history. A part of my family history that was recorded for others to discover online. Thank God for video recording.

Staying On The Journey,
Susan

P.S.
Both Ted Blakey and Mary Jane Lightner have passed on.

No comments:

Post a Comment