Wednesday, December 1, 2010

A Rediscovery On The DADE Side

This was written in 2009. I reworded some things. Also ... added some updates with photos to bring the story to life.

This year, I've been making some rediscoveries on my family history. I must be on the right road. I'm doing OK! The joy of the Lord is my strength. Grace to you.

I been rediscovered some thing about my family history. I got some new leads on my Great Grandma Charlotta Dade Lankford. What a discovery, I came upon.

More over 20 years ago a lady from Illinois wrote me. She sent some information on her Dade lineage in Canton, Missouri area. She thought that we were related some how.

Back in 1988, I didn't have a lot of information as I have now. It was through the Missouri death Rrecords from 1910 - 1959 where I gained new insight on my lineage. There was so much that I didn't know.

Yeah, I've been making new found discoveries. I have connected what information I have found to this with the information 20 years ago. I can see that a "Lew" Louis Dade was my Great Grandmother Charlotta's brother. It was through their death records and census records that I made the discovery.

I see that Lewis (Louis) or Lew and Charlotta have the same names as parents. Isaac Dade and "Frankie" Frances Dade. Louis or "Lew" lived near the same Isaac and "Frankie" in the 1870's. Louis actually lived with them at one time.

I have come across at least 4 of Isaac and "Frankie's" children. Frankie was said to have had 14 children. One in which was Charlotta Dade Lankford. I came across information on Charlotta's death record on July 31, 2008. It took a while for me to locate Great Grandma Charlotta's death record. (See below)

There is so much that I have gain during the past three weeks in 2009. Back then, I added a lot more Dades to the family lineage. There are some similar surnames as well. This is confusing. I have to get the Madison, Washington and Nickerson right on my mother's side.

I thought that it was way too late to start searching for my family history after my mother's mother passed away in November of 1975. You know what? I thought wrong.

Since I began, I have gained a lot of information. And with more information begin made open to the public, I am learning more about my ancestors. I am glad that I have that spirit to search for my family history.

I pray that there will be people who are curious about their ancestors. It is good to know who the people before us were. They were as human as we are.

They lived on this planet just as we are. Some fell asleep in Jesus Christ. We who have called upon Jesus as LORD and Savior shall see them again when the time comes.

May we make more rediscoveries of things that we over look in life. May we be lead by the Spirit of God. May we see the hidden mysteries of the past.

A good man leave an inheritance to his children's children, But the wealth of the sinner is stored up for the righteous. NKJV Proverbs 13:22

For there those who carried us away captive asked of us a song, And those who plundered us requested mirth, Saying, "Sing us one of the songs of Zion!" NKJV Psalm 137:3

A Rediscovery On The DADE Side
I think the more that I search I find out more.
Below: Charlotta Dade Lankfard's Death Record. One of your sons was the informat. His name was Isaac. However, I have not located an Isaac Lankford Jr.

It's still a mystery who Isaac Lankford Jr. is Perhaps he was Louis Lankford. Charlotta had at least 3 sons in New York at the time of her death. Louis, Frederick and Nym.
As the years go by I see new things.
My Journey continues...
Happy Day To You!
God Bless.

Staying On The Family History Journey,Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment