Friday, August 12, 2011

The Julia White Connection

I was looking back over the 1880 census record on Julia White, my father's father's father's mother. I came across something that I over looked. Julia had a grand daughter named Rebecca  White born in MO. Rebecca's parents were from VA. 

So that meant...at least one of Julia's children was born in VA. Rebecca was listed as mulatto. I don't know which of Julia's child was the parent of Rebecca.

But as I looked at a slave schedule in 1850, I see a male mulatto who was 20. Perhaps that was Andrew's who was 40 or Julia's who was about 32.... a son...Would Julia have another son? The ages could have been different. The mulatto son could have been younger.

I am not for sure how many children Julia had. I have compiled names from the census records, news clip and other material I have found over the years.

                                            Here is the list of Julia's children:

Linda White
born 1841

Mary White
born 1844

Isaac BLAKEY
1845-1917 

Ben Whiteborn 1849

Andrew Whiteborn 1849

Lydiaborn 1852

Spencer Whiteborn 1852 or 1860

Mattie/ Matty White
1856-1947

John White
born 1854 / 56
died-1918

David White
born 1858 


Josh (Joshua) Whiteborn 1860

Martha White
born 1862

Richard / Dick White1866-1946.

Isaac Blakey
He did marry. First to Martha Scott who had twin sons.
He later married Rachel Ann Leftridge / Lephridge who had 18 children.

John White
He married Katherine / Katie Estell who had 9 children.

Spencer White
He did marry First to Melinda Banks who had 3 daughterss
Than re married to Lou ?

Mattie White
She was said to have not married.
I don't know if Mattie and Martha were the same person.
I've come across both Mattie and Martha who were widowed on the census records.
I've found only on Martha on the 1880 Census.
Mattie was listed as having about 5 children on one of the census.

Richard White

He did marry. First to Jane Fergerson who had 13 or 14 children.
Richard married Mary Belle Brooks who was the widow of David Stapleton.

Discoveries While On The Journey
The Julia White Connection

The Mother and Sibling reunited in MO.
They moved to the Howard and Charition County Missouri area
Most were buried in Forest Green, MO.
They could have been buried in Hoffman Cemetery.

Blessings,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment