Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Tuesday's Treasures: My Dad Saw "Petty Boy" Floyd

Photo of my father.
It's the oldest photo I have of him.
I don't know he old he was in this photo.
=========================
Entry dated Feb 4, 1985:
 ========================
My father was speaking to me about where he worked as a janitor in St. Joseph, Missouri.  And one day while he was working, he said he saw "Petty Boy" Floyd. My father was working in an apartment house on 22 St in the early 1930's.

I asked my father, was he for sure that the man he saw was Petty Boy Floyd? My father raised his voice and said, "YES!" He said he knew what "Pretty Boy" Floyd looked like! He said he recognized him by the newspapers. My father convinced me that the man he saw was "Pretty Boy" Floyd.
=========================

=========================
I did google about "Petty Boy" Floyd.  His hang outs were in the Missouri area. There were rumors that Floyd was in St. Joseph, Missouri. ?? Well, according to my father, it appears that Mr. Charles Arthur Floyd made his way to Joetown, MO one day. 

Thanks for reading.
S.A. Blakley

No comments:

Post a Comment