Monday, February 29, 2016

Coming Across Discoveries On the Life of Nymadula Nym Lankford / Lankfard:

I can't recall when I heard about my Great Uncle "Nym" Lankford. I knew little about him. He was mother's father's brother.  Nym was his nickname. His real name was Nymadula.  That's an unique name. I see why he went by Nym.
This photo of Nym Lankford / Lankfard was taken in NY.
The year is unknown. Perhaps in the late 1940's - 1950's.
I've been searching for info on Nym for years. I've discovered that he was born on Leap Day of 1896 in St. Joseph, Missouri.  He was the son of Robert and Charlotta (DADE) LANFORD / LANKFARD.

It was in 2010, I heard that Great Uncle Nym was married to Hattie McDaniel, the actress. I don't know how I missed this while I was growing up. I watched "Gone With The Wind." I didn't know that Hattie had family connections with the LANKFORD / LANKFARD.

And so, I continue to search for info on Nym.  Through the years, I stumbled across more info. I started to compile what I discovered about him. Here's my last blog on  Tracing The Lankford / Lankfard Family Surname: Through Nymadula / Nym.

Since this last blog, I've come across more info.  I stumbled across a record listing a Nym Langford in New York. He and an Irene GRAHAM had a son named Frederick Langford born about 1932 in NY. However, Frederick passed at the age of 5.

I believe that this Nym and Irene are connected with the Lankford / Lankfard Family. I created a Find A Grave Memorial for my cousin, Frederick Langford.  I have noted that there are a lot of Fredericks in the Lankford / Lankfard family connections.

I still wonder about my Great Uncle Nym. His life still has mysteries. When and where did he pass on? He was living in Sept. 1961 in NYC. I have not located his death record. And it appears that he didn't have a social security number.  He most likely died in New York.

My Great Uncle Nym is on my mother's father's side:
A Descendant of Isaac and Frances (OVINGTON) DADE

Thanks for reading.
S.A. Blakley

No comments:

Post a Comment