Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Making Discoveries As The Journey Continues

Our ancestors left paper trails... etc. on their journey. Many of our ancestors have been forgotten. Only what is remembered and or recorded, lives on. Their descendants are the historians to pass down the family history. My DNA is 73% African American. As for the other 27%, I know very little info about. I thank God for my DNA make up. 

I don't know what got me hooked on wanting to know more about my ancestors.  I would look at old family photos. I would wonder...

This Article began my quest to search for my African American ancestors. It's been interesting along the journey. I made discoveries about this article. I began a search on the information that was written on my father's, side.

I know that we can't know every thing about our ancestors. We have to leave room for mystery. But, with whatever our ancestor left us, should be treasured.

I know that there were some sad things that we read about our relatives. It's with God's grace that we can receive comfort from what we come across. We all struggle and suffer things in life.

 There are good things that our ancestors left with our.  Only if we can go deeper to find out that they left. Where do we start? How do we go about searching?

This Article began my quest to search for my African American ancestors. It's been interesting along the journey. I made discoveries about this article. I began a search on the information that was written some years ago.

Article written in the early 1970's.
Taken from a Iowa newspaper

Oh, how little a searcher can know about their ancestors and come across a gold mine of information while searching for their family connections. It's possible. I have some long lost relatives who have made the family connections. I believe that there are more.

I hope that you will have some interest in where your ancestors came from.  It will take some time in the searching.  It's an adventure as things unfold.  I hope you make the quest to want to know more about your ancestors. The future generations will be thankful that someone took the time to record what they discovered about their ancestors.

Thanks for reading.
God bless you.S.A. Blakley

No comments:

Post a Comment