Sunday, January 7, 2018

Week 1 ~ The prompts for January 1 - 7 ~ START

#52Ancestors  in 52 Weeks:  Week  1  (The prompts for  January 1 - 7 )  ~  START
 . The article was written in 1971.
Where do I start? With myself. ~  I'm the home person on my family tree. I don't recall when I started searching for my family history. Perhaps, the interest began with a family article on my father's BLAKLEY /  BLAKEY / WHITE side about "Slavery Descendants To Have First Reunion . I don't recall when I came across it.

I could have started searching for my family history after the passing of my mother's mother, Mary (ALLEN) LANKFORD / LANKFARD. I thought all my family history was lost when my Grandma died. I was wrong.

I do recall doing an assignment in the 6th grade on my family history. Whatever the case, I'm still on the journey since the 1970's.


Mary (ALLEN) LANKFORD / LANKFARD
(1889- 1975)


I've stumbled across a lot over the years. I'm trying to compile stories of what I've iscovered.  There are some relatives that I'm hoping to iscover more about during this year.

For example four of my Great Uncles who lived and died in New York City. They were the LANKFARD brothers.

What I've been exploring over the years have been amazing. I need to tell some of the stories that I have come across. I have to information. Just need to share some of my ancestors stories.

Thanks for reading.
God bless you,
S.A. Blakley

No comments:

Post a Comment