Sunday, January 21, 2018

Hannah Hooper, The Oldest Ancestor On My Familty Tree: Week 3 ~ #52ancestors 52 Weeks

  
1880 Missouri census date in June,  

I begin searching for records on my family tree about mid 1980's. I was amazed when I came across the 1880 Missouri census. My 2nd Great Grandfather, Elias BARTLETT and his Grandmother, Hannah HOOPER were listed on that census. Hannah was listed as age 115.

Hannah was born in South Carolina. She was sick, an invalid. She couldn't read or write. This is information was recorded sometime in June of 1880. And it's all I know about Hannah. I don't know when Hannah passed. 
 
I tried to continue to search more leads on Hannah. I was always lead to believe that she was Elias grandmother. That was until early in 2008. I came across the death record of my Great Aunt, Wauneta (Bartlett) Armstrong. She was my Grandmother, Jennie's sister.

Wauneta Armstrong's parents were Elias Bartlett and Harriet (HOOPER) Bartlett. So, I see that Hooper came from Harriet's side and not Elias'. So that's what I thought. But, as I kept searching for  info on Harriet's children, she has two other surnames.  This is a mystery.

However, when I discovered Harriett's maiden name or surnames, I had all my Great Grandmother's maiden names. I was so excited.  I can only imagine to find more on my lineage.

I would never imagine that I would come across a census record listing my 3rd Great Grandmother living to at the age of 115.  So far,  she's the oldest person that I've found on my family tree. And my journey continues. I wonder what I've come across?

Thanks for reading.
God bless you.
S.A.Blakley

No comments:

Post a Comment