Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Favorite Name(s) ~ That Make Me Smile

 Favorite Name(s) ~ That Make Me Smile #52Ancestors ~ Week 31

As I look over all the names on my direct family lineage, their names bring a smile to my heart. I think about what I’ve discovered about them. And how I stumbled across what I know now. I’m amazed. I’m thankful for the joy that came while in the moments of the new findings along my journey.



Here are a few names:

My Great Grandfather. Isaac Blakey: Civil War Private Blaker (1845- 1917)
He is the most documented person on my family tree.

My Grandmother Jennie Bartlett Lyles,(1883 – 1926)
She was the mother of 18 or 19 children and passed so young.
I came across more on her family.

My 3rd Great Grandmother, Delilah Lewis, (1773- 1887)
She was the least likely person I thought to have an obituary.
In her obituary, it traced back to her birth place to where she passed in 1887.

My Great Grandfather, Robert Louis Lankford / Lankfard, (1852 – 1919)
He is a breakthrough case on my family tree.
I can trace back more than to my 29th Great Grandfather, Nigel DeLongford.
The surnames changed from Lankford, Lankcford, Longford, DeLongford and other spellings.

As I’m journaling this week’s theme. I am sadden by the new terms and conditions on ancetry.com. All what I have put into what I have posted on that site was a challenge to do. My Family Connections page has changed. There are not many photos. I have left what I have discovered on my family connections.

From now on, I’m being careful in sharing photos online. It’s sad that people can use what we post for their gain. So, sad. The photo above is the flash reflection from taking a photo when I was in the dark. And so, I’m in the dark about what’s ahead how I’m going to share things.

I began sharing some of my family history to search for lost family members. I even done DNA tests to connect with long lost relatives. It was so exciting to discover new people and things about the family history. And now, what’s ahead? I have to step out and find out.

I will continue to search for my family history. It will be different in how I will share. I’m not out to get money on what I do or to make a profit from it. It cost money to get information on genealogy research. People have asked if I would write a book. I don’t know.

May we be wise in how we share our family history info from now on.
May we learn from other researchers.
May people discover more about their ancestors.
May God bless those who take advantage of our research on our family connections.

Thanks for reading.
Favorite Name(s) ~ That Makes Me Smile #52Ancestors ~ Week 31
God bless you.
S.A. Blakley

 Week 31: Favorite Name: Generations Café via facebook

People sometime ridicule celebrities for the “unusual” names they choose for their children. Clearly, they haven’t looked at some ancestral names, like “Strange Powers” or “Preserved Fish.” Who’s name in your family tree makes you smile? (Of course, you can interpret this theme however you’d like!) Feel free to leave your links and stories in the comments. 

Week 32 (Aug. 9-15): In the City

No comments:

Post a Comment