Tuesday, October 6, 2015

My Father Working On A Farm

I was thinking about my father.
The following enters are about the same subject.
The years were 1926 and 1929.
I'm not for sure how long my father was on the farm.

Enter Dated August 5, 1978:
 (I added words)

(My ) Dad, age 13, Great Bend, Kansas, 1926.
(He) worked for a 1 year on a farm driving horse while men would sacked hay.

Enter Dated Dec 26, 1984:
When (my) father was 16, when (he) went to Great Bend, Kansas
....for a summer to work on a farm to drove horses.
(The year would have been in 1929.)
My father in Dec of 1976
Some of my thoughts.
My father's father passed when my father was about 5.
My father's mother passed when my  father was about 13.
My father's older siblings cared from him.

I just had a thought.
My dad was only 13 and 16 living in Kansas.
I didn't ask my father who he stayed with in Great Bend, Kansas.
He could have been with some of his brothers.

Thanks for reading.
S.A. Blakley

No comments:

Post a Comment