Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Update Info On The Children Of Jennie Bartlett Blakley Lyle

This is a repost with updates from The Jennie Bartlett Connections: The Blakleys and The Lyles

I was re thinking about my Grandma Jennie (Bartlett) Blakley Lyles's children.  She was my father's mother. What I know of her is what my mother's mother Mary (Allen) Lankford told my mother and my father shared with me. Jennie had 19 children.

I have been searching for records on the Blakley and Lyle / Lyles children. I have found documents on 17 of Jennie's children.  I had a thought. Maybe Jennie could have had 2 miscarriages.  My Grandma Mary and Grandma Jennie knew each other and they lived in the same area. 

Here is what found out about Jennie's life through her children's births:


Here's a list of Jennie's children by John Blakey / Blakley:

Unnamed female stillborn Blakey 


Stillborn
November 10. 1902 in St. Joseph, Missouri.
Infant Edna Blakey
1903 - 1904





Pastor, Elder John Blakley Jr.


 
Mr. Isaac Blakley

1906 - 1980

Isaac married Anna Lankford
They had two sons
 




Mr. Paul Blakley

Infant Cecil Blakey
1908 - 1909

Cecil was a girl

 


Infant Jaunita Blakey
1910 - 1910


Rev. Olbery Pierson Blakley

 
Mrs. Gene Thomson Richardson


Mary Jane Blakley  Richardson




Mr. David W. Blakley
 
 
Miss Hazel V. Blakley


Baby (Boy) Blakley
1917 -1918
Baby Boy's first name wasn't listed.
John Blakley Sr. died 4 months after Jennie's last child was born.
Jennie had to raise her children.
Jennie remarried to Chilton Lyle year unknown perhaps in 1920.

Jennie's children by Chilton Lyle


Twins
Doris Lyles /
 Davis Lyles
Dorothy Lyles


Don't know the name or names of this child (ren).
There were two death records.
There was a single birth with different names and death date.
Doris LYLES

Dorothy  LYLE

April 27, 1920 to July 3 or 5, 1920



Sergeant Faris Chilton Lyle

Geneva Lyle Jones


Edgar Lyle
Oct 17, 1925  to April 16, 1926


I've came across the following assumptions and by other sources.
This is some of my thoughts:

In the beginning stages of my search,
I thought that Jennie may have eloped with John Blakey in MO. 
Jennie was born in May of 1883 in Carrollton, Missouri.
She was the daughter of Elias and Harriett (Hooper) Bartlett.

John's family was from Chartion County MO area. 
I don't know where or when John and Jennie met.
I did come across a John Blakely on a census in Carrollton, MO
I can assume that knew each other for a year are so... 1901 or 1900.
At some point in Jennie's life she, her mother and some of her siblings left Carrollton, MO.

John and Jennie ended up in St. Joseph, MO.
I can't pin point the year when they again their move.
Lucy Mossell, Jennie's half sister was in St. Joseph about 1900. 

I came cross Jennie's and John's marriage record.
She married her first husband, John Blakey in April of 1902 in Excels Spring, MO.
John was listed as from Carrollton. Jennie was listed as from St. Joseph, MO.
Before the year was up Jennie's first child was stillborn in Nov 10, 1902 in St. Joseph, MO.

I can assume since Jennie had a half sister living in St. Joseph, that was why the family came. Perhaps that was why Jennie and John settled there too.
I discovered that Jennie's mother, Harriett
and siblings, Lucy, Sam , Juanita, came to St. Joseph, as well.
I came across two Sam Bartletts.
I don't know if they were related.

Grandma Jennie lived a short life.
She passed on December 26, 1926 at the age of 41.

As I was trying to piece together Jennie life through what my mother, father and what records
 I have come across, I can pass on what I think and what I have discovered.

My mother said that Mrs. Blakley was a hard worker.
She was a small woman.
She died of a heart attack.

I haven't located an obituary on Jennie Lyle.
I can say that she was my Grandma.
She was a hard worker.
She left behind a husband, Chilton Lyle.
9 children, some siblings, nephews and nieces, cousins and a host of friends.

As for Jennie's children, some of the older Blakley siblings took care of some of the younger Blakleys. As for the Lyle / Lyles  two children, they went to an orphanage home for children on Lafayette Street in St. Joseph, MO.
 
 
Hope to come across more some day. Meanwhile...
Staying On The Family History Journey

 Thanks for reading
S.A. Blakley

No comments:

Post a Comment