Friday, June 6, 2014

Searching For Family Connections: In South Dakota and California Areas

I've been Searching For Family Connections In South Dakota and California Areas. I have come across some info through my research and help from a relative. I'm still trying to piece together some of what I discovered on my South Dakota and California relatives.

I have been searching the census records. I've been  coming across more info. I've been trying to piece together the South Dakota Blakey siblings with their spouse(s) and children.

The South Dakota State censuses are indexed at this moment. I wish I could see the actual censuses. However, I'm working with what was posted on the indexes.

I've been amazed by what I have come across. There are names of children that I've added to some of the family tree. There are some I'm not sure where or if they are the children of some of my relatives.

I have come across when some of the Blakey Family Connections in Yankton, South Dakota on the 1915. 1925, 1935 and 1945 State censuses.  I couldn't find relatives on the 1905 census.

Below is parts of an article dated in the early 1970's.
I posted a series of blogs: Click on Articles.

The people mentioned in the below article are connected with Family Connections:
They are listed on The Blakey Family Connections

Here's some of what I have discovered.
Isaac/Maggie (Williams) Blakey came to Yankton in 1905.
 Henry/ Mary Elizabeth Fristoe) Blakey came in 1905.
Spencer Blakey came in 1906.

Jordan Blakey came in 1911,
Ollie/ Margaret (Cason) Blakey came in 1912.

 Ollie / Mary (Blakey) Green came in 1913.
Ernest / Martha (Blakey) Hayes came in 1913.
Edward /Lillie (Blakey) Hayes came in 1913.
.
Edna (Blakey) Jackson and sons came in 1916.

Not for sure what year, Beecher Blakey, Lawhorn Blakey and Anne Mae Blakey came to Yankton.
They were not listed on the South Dakota  State index Censuses 1915, 1925, 1935, 1945
Or on any of the other censuses in SD.

John Blakey aka John Blakey came to Yankton about 1917
He was in the process of moving his wife and children to Yankton.
But he passed away in July of 1918 in Yankton

Isaac/Maggie (Williams) Blakey  passed away in Yankton.
Ollie / Margaret (Cason) Blakey, Lawhorn Blakey and Archie Blakey moved to CA where they passed away.
Edna / Richard Bentley moved to California where they passed away.

There is no record of Ollie /Magaret Blakey having children.
There is no record of Lawhorn Blakey having off springs. But, he did marry in SD and CA.

Mary / Ollie Green had a child that passed away before 1910.
Isaac / Maggie had off springs.
Jordan / Flora  had off springs.
Spencer / Mary  had off springs.
Lillie / Edward had off springs.
Martha / Ernest had off springs.
Archie / Flora had off springs.
Edna (Blakey) Jackson -  Bentley had 3 sons that carried the Jackson surname.

Perhaps you can add more to the story. You may be the missing link to family connections. Do you see any connections? 

I heard that Lawhorn Blakey was a hunter. Ollie Blakey was a deacon in a Baptist church.  Archie Blakey was connected with the rodeos.  There were other relatives that moved to CA on The White Family Connections. Alberta (White) Morris,  her husband, children. There were others on the Blakey / White Family Connections who moved to California.

Thanks for reading:
Seaching For Family Connections: In South Dakota And California Areas
Susan

Prayer: From Ephesians 3:14-19

For this reason I bow my knees before the Father,  from whom every family in heaven and on earth is named,  that according to the riches of his glory he may grant you to be strengthened with power through his Spirit in your inner being,  so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith—that you, being rooted and grounded in love,  may have strength to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth,  and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God. (Amen)

No comments:

Post a Comment