Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Searching For Descendants Of Sarah "Sallie" Bartlett - Wade H. Peyton Sr

I've been searching for the where a bouts of The Bartlett - Peyton Family.  I've been piecing some of the story on the family. I started searching for a Peyton with the first name of Sallie. I came across a Sallie Peyton on the Kansas State census in 1885.

Through the years, I have compiled some info on the Peyton Family. Here's some of what I  have discovered. Wade Hampton Peyton Sr. married Sarah "Sallie" Bartlett. They had a son named Wade H. Peyton Jr. and a daughter, Myrtle Peyton. 

Through research, I've discovered that Myrtle Peyton was living with her grandmother, Harriett  Bartlett in St. Joseph, Missouri in 1900. We can presume that Myrtle's parents passed on when she was a child. Myrtle was born in Topeka, Kansas about Dec of 1886.

Miss Myrtle Peyton married William Younger in St. Joseph, Missouri in 1903. They have two daughters, Gaynelle and Udlene Younger. Myrtle and William later divorce. Myrtle moves to Cuyahoga County, Ohio. where she later marries Earl C. Miller. Myrtle's last where a bout was in  Chicago, Cook, Illinois in the 1940's. I came across a record with her surname of Younger.

As for Wade Hampton Peyton Jr., I couldn't find him on the 1900 census.  I first came across him on the 1885 Kansas census. Then I located  his WW I draft card. He was living in Council Bluffs, Pottawattamie, Iowa in 1917 - 1918. His sister, Myrtle Younger was listed as his next of kin on his WW I draft card.

I recently came across a new found discover on Wade Jr. He was married to a Anna L. Wynne in MO. As I searched and found more on Wade Peyton Jr. through the city directories, he lived in at least 3 States. He was in Nebraska, Iowa and later in Tennessee. In Nebraska he was first listed as a student. According to his WW I draft card, he worked as a waiter at Black Stone Hotel in Omaha, Nebraska.

I've come across a newspaper article on Wade H. Peyton and his late wife, Anna who passed on in 1910. I'm trying to piece together when Wade and Anna moved to Nebraska. And when Wade moved to Tennessee.

According to Wade Peyton Jr's death record and tombstone, he was a doctor. I haven't located records on what type of doctor he was. Wade Jr.  married his second wife Katherine A / "Katie" Robinson  Peyton. They had a son named Wade H. Peyton III. And a daughter named Thomas Sarah Peyton.

I  discovered that Wade H. Peyton Jr. was in Lincoln, Nebraska from about 1907 to 1914 and 1928. He was listed as a waiter, a student and later a physician.  He was listed in Nashville, Tennessee in 1920, 1922 and 1929 and in Athens, Limestone, Alabama on the 1930 and 1940 censuses.

At the time of Wade Peyton Jr's death record, he was living in Nashville, Davidson, Tennessee. He was a widow. (His wife, Katherine passed on in 1954.) Their children, Wade Peyton, the III passed on in  Alameda, California in 1985. Thomas Sarah Anderson passed on in  Westmoreland, Sumner, Tennessee in 2013.

I hope and pray that some of The Bartlett - Peyton Family Connections will come across this blog. It's interesting to find more on family history. Hope to discover more.

May we not give up on searching for our family history.


Thanks for reading.
S.A. Blakley

No comments:

Post a Comment