Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Tracing My Parents' Ancestors

 Photo of the front cover of my Family History notebook,
There are some notes I took on what my parents shared with me about their ancestors.
Tuesday's Treasures: 

 My first entry: My father's father Blakey / White family connections came from Africa in 1843 and my mother's mother family connections were in St. Joseph, MO in the 1860's and maybe before this.

My Great Grandmother was Anna Laura Washington (Allen) Walters. She was born in St. Joseph, Missouri on June 13, 1867.  She was the daughter of William / John Washington and Susan (Leach) Washington.

I have come a long ways from this first entry...

As look back over this entry, I can say that I can trace my ancestors on my father's side back to Mrs. Hannah Hooper who was born about 1767 and on my mother's side back to Mrs. Delilah "Lillie" Lewis was born about 1785.

I thank God that I've come as far as I have. So thankful for family connections. And for those who past down what they know about their ancestors. Thank You, Jesus!

Thanks for reading,
S.A. Blakley

No comments:

Post a Comment