Wednesday, September 30, 2015

My Family History Journey

I'm coming along with my family history journey. I also say family connections, because on my  journey that's what I'm looking for. I have come across a lot of info over the years.  I have connected with some relatives as we. I'm thankful for that.

There are at times, when I hit a brick wall or two and more. There isn't anything I can do. I have to wait. I tend I pray that there are people connected to my family history are searching.

I see when others are searching, the other searcher has the missing link to what I need. All it takes is one similar thing to makes the family connections.  I've been blessed to come across family connections that way.

I wish that I can find more on my family history. My journey has been a long one. But, not long enough to find out what I think I can't find. I've been finding some things that I though was long gone.

It's as those there are things that we discovered we can seem to take them for granted. I believe that our ancestors and relatives had things that they felt was important to them in life. And they recorded it. But, did their loved ones keep a hold what they thought was of value after their passing?

There are resources out there. But where do we search?  I've come across old newspapers online. I have found obituaries, news articles, photos and some other things on my ancestors. It took me a while to find the info. But, you know what, it was well worth it.

I believe that there's so much beauty in any one's family history. We should record what we know and pass it down to the next generations. We all have a story to tell. But, will we share and record our story?

May we learn to take notes on what we know about our ancestors. May we try to record what we think would be interesting for the future generations. May we leave a legacy for those behind us can build upon the family history. Amen.

Thanks for reading.
S. A. Blakley 

No comments:

Post a Comment