Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Tuesday's Treasure: My Father's Sister Geneva

Geneva (Lyle) Jones
Entry: Dated June 22, 1980
====================
My father was speaking to me about his sister Geneva. He said that Geneva was in a orphans home when she was growing up. The home was somewhere in the Lafayette street area.
=====================
Some family connections  thoughts and research.
===================================
I remember Aunt Geneva coming to visit my father. She was a short woman.  She attended some of our Blakley Blakey White Family Reunion. My father and Aunt Geneva had the same mother, Jennie Bartlett Blakley Lyle / Lyles.

=====================
On the 1930 census. Aunt Geneva lived with others in the Northwestern Orphanage and Hospital  in St. Joseph, Missouri. Her brother Faris Lyle was there too.

Their mother passed on Dec of 1926. One can assume that their father wasn't able to care for his children. And other relatives couldn't help in raising them. Geneva was born on Sept 2, 1924. and her brother Faris was born on Sept 6, 1923. Geneva was about 2 and Faris was 3 when their mother passed.

On the 1940 census. Aunt Geneva and Uncle Faris were listed with brother O.P. Blakley and sister Mary Blakley.  Aunt Geneva married Carl Jones in 1944. They had 7 children. Carl William Jones Jr. Lawrence "Larry" Clayton Jones, Kenneth Leroy Jones, Clinton Lyle Jones, Marcella M. Jones, Floyd David Jones and Phillip Eugene Jones.

Geneva passed on December 12, 2005 in St. Paul, Minnesota at the age of 81. I'm thankful that I got to meet her and some of her children. Recently, I have come across some of her grandchildren. I hope come across more of my Lyle / Lyles Family Connections.

Thanks for reading.
S.A. Blakley

No comments:

Post a Comment