Tuesday, September 29, 2015

My Father's Brother, Faris

Entry (Story) Told in 1984 (I added info)
================================
Father told me that he last saw his half brother, Faris (LYLE) when Faris was in the Air Force about in the 1940's. All he, (my father) remembered (was) that Faris wanted  him, (my daddy) to join the army etc. He , ( Faris) was 16 at the time. After serving his time, he got a job in NY and made his home (there). He married and had ? 8 children.
=================================

Faris and Catherine LYLE
 =================================
 Research  And Some Thoughts
==================================

Faris Chilton Lyle  was the son of  Chilton LYLE /  LYLES and Jennie (BARTLETT) BLAKEY / BLAKLEY LYLE / LYLES. Faris was born in  St. Joseph, Missouri in 1923. He enlisted in Kansas into the army  Fort Riley Branch Cavalry in 1941
He was a Sergeant. Faris married Catherine M. STRANGE in 1954.

They had 7 children and they lived in NY.
Tahir R. LYLE
Nejla LYLE (1955-1961)
Amer  Nazife LYLE
Kamal A. LYLE
Hamid Omar LYLE
Benjamin Hassan LYLE (1962-1994)
Abdel  H. LYLE

Faris  passed in Feb 2008 at the age of 84. He and his wife were buried in Farmingdale, Suffolk County, New York. Their daughter, Nejla LYLE was buried there also.

I'm thankful that I had to honor to correspond and speak with my Uncle Faris on the phone. Also I have contacts with some of their grandchildren. I'm glad that we connected.

Thanks for reading.
S.A. Blakley

No comments:

Post a Comment