Sunday, June 21, 2015

In Remembrance of John Blakey / Blakley

John Blakey was born on June 21, 1871 in Woodville, Mississippi. John was the husband of  Jennie (Bartlett) Blakley Lyle.  John and Jennie changed their surname sometime after they married in 1902.

John passed on July 10, 1918 in a covered wagon in Yankton, South Dakota. He was the son of Isaac Blakey and Martha Scott Blakey. John was the twin of Andrew Blakey.

I was wondering; what my grandfather John Blakey / Blakley could have looked like? I wish that there was a photo of him.  I was told that John looked like his brother, Spencer.

I believe that a child can looked just like one of  their parents. I wonder which one of  the Blakley children did.  I see the resemblance in the siblings. Here are some photos of John's children by his wife, my grandmother Jennie.

Thanks for reading.
S.A. Blakley


John's and Jennie's son Pastor / Elder John Jr.



John's and Jennie's son Isaac
 .




John's and Jennie's daughter, Mary.

John's and Jennie's son Rev. O. Pierson 

John's and Jennie's daughter, Hazel.

John's and Jennie's son, Paul
John's and Jennie's son, Rev O. Pierson

 
John's and Jennie's, son David


My father and his Grandfather, Private Isaac Blakey who was John Blakey / Blakley's father.

No comments:

Post a Comment